Our intellectual property (IP) team includes copyright and trademark lawyers with extensive experience in trademark law, copyright law, trade secret matters, marketing and advertising laws, promotion laws, competition law, franchise law, privacy law, FTC matters, and IP litigation. We vigorously preserve and protect our clients’ intellectual property and litigate IP theft and infringements, when necessary.
Our IP attorneys provide practical counsel on leveraging intellectual property assets for strategic advantage and maximum revenue. We represent clients from a wide range of industries, including consumer packaged goods, food service, cannabis, retail, marketing and advertising firms, educational institutions, automotive, banking and technology.
We frequently counsel our clients on the following
- Trademark clearance opinions — more than 2,500 and counting — helping our clients ensure that they can use and register their brands
- Trademark applications and registrations – over 3,000 prosecuted in the U.S. alone, plus thousands of International Registrations and foreign trademark applications around the globe
- Intellectual property audits, due diligence, and IP acquisitions and dispositions
- Federal and state IP litigation and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board oppositions and cancellations (more than 180 proceedings so far)
- IP licensing, software licenses, confidentiality & non-disclosure agreements
- Franchise issues, including franchise registration and drafting of franchise agreements and franchise disclosure documents
- Privacy policies and privacy law compliance