Our administrative law attorneys offer broad experience advising local governments and their officials on North Carolina law. We are highly skilled in counseling local governments, administrative bodies, businesses and individuals on a wide range of issues — including contract bidding, employment and OSHA issues, asset exchanges, open meeting law, economic incentives, annexation, bond financing, healthcare, environmental, permitting, land use, and zoning issues.
We guide clients through bureaucratic processes, while avoiding potential liabilities. If matters escalate, we have experience representing our clients at administrative hearings and state and federal litigation.
Our firm's dedicated administrative law attorneys continuously monitor what's going on at the state and local level, tracking proposed rules and legislation that may impact our clients. We assist diverse clients in the administrative rule-making process, with adjudication before many official entities, including:
- Office of Administrative Hearings
- Local planning boards and boards of adjustment
- Historic preservation commissions
- Professional oversight bodies
- State agencies and boards including:
- Environmental Management Commission
- Division of Public Health
- Division of Health Service Regulation
- Code Officials Qualification Board
- Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission