So why did we name this blog the "Trademarketing" blog, as opposed to "The IP Law Blog" (boring) or "The Intellectual Property Law Blog" (even more boring)?
Our focus is on trademarks and marketing, as well as many related areas of the law. We provide practical advice and share best practices on topics such as:
- Advertising issues
- Promotions, including sweepstakes, contests, and the like
- Privacy law
- Software licenses
- Licensing trademarks, patents, trade secrets, and copyrights
- Internet & domain name issues (cybersquatting, typosquatting, phishing, etc.)
- Acquisitions and divestitures of intellectual assets
- Security interests in IP
- Confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements
- "Fair use"
- Counterfeiting of trademarked products
- IP infringement
- Federal Trade Commission issues
- IP audits
. . . And anything else you'd like to hear more about.
Contact Art, Justin, or Virginia if you have questions, suggestions for topics of interest, corrections, or even criticisms.
Image "46/365 Intellectual Property" taken on February 19, 2009, by flickr user Traci Lawson, used under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0) license. Image has not been modified.