Leigh has practiced law in the North Carolina Triad area for more than 11 years. She began her legal career with Nexsen Pruet in Greensboro, North Carolina and joined Bell, Davis & Pitt in 2007.
Leigh’s principal areas of practice are:
- Representing commercial real estate developers in land acquisition and development matters;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial leases for landlords and tenants;
- Loan documents drafting and negotiation;
- Supervision of commercial loan documentation, due diligence, and closings for lenders and borrowers of all sizes ;
- Financial institution representation on secured lending and debt restructuring matters, including dealer floor plans and asset based lending;
- Volume commercial lease review and assignments in connection with mergers and acquisitions;
- Dispositions for financial institutions of other real estate owned (“OREO”) property.
Leigh is active in the Winston-Salem community. She currently serves on the boards of both the City of Winston-Salem Loan Committee and Winston-Salem Business Inc. (WSBI). Leigh taught future attorneys as an Adjunct Professor in the Wake Forest University School of Law until 2014. As a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, she served as a CLE Planner for the North Carolina Bar Association Annual Meetings in 2009 and 2015. Leigh has been a member of the Economic Development Revolving Loan Committee for the City of Winston-Salem.
Born and raised in Laurinburg, N.C., Leigh received her undergraduate B.S. degree with honors from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill and her law degree from Wake Forest University.
Represented developer in large residential subdivision in Buncombe County, including assistance with ILSA approval
Represented lending institution, providing large volume lease review, analysis and preparation of assignments in connection with numerous acquisitions
Represented national and regional lenders in commercial real estate mortgage lending, asset based lending, dealer floor plans and sale/leaseback transactions
Business North Carolina magazine Legal Elite (2020)
Best Lawyers in America® (2020)