Virginia joined Bell, Davis & Pitt after graduating from law school in 2013. She was previously a summer law clerk with the firm.
Virginia’s principal areas of practice include:
- Working with clients to develop estate plans that efficiently transfer wealth to the next generation, including the preparation of Wills, Trusts, and Powers of Attorney;
- Advising and guiding executors, trustees, and beneficiaries through the estate administration process;
- Planning for estate, gift, and generation-skipping taxation with clients;
- General business representation, including the formation and dissolution of business entities, the sale, purchase, and financing of businesses, and the drafting and reviewing of all types of business agreements;
- Representing borrowers in HUD-insured loan transactions for long-term care facilities;
- Guiding clients through creation, management, protection, and use of their intellectual property assets;
- Assisting clients in tax controversy matters, including sales and use tax issues and resolving return and payment disputes with the Internal Revenue Service and North Carolina Department of Revenue.
Virginia currently serves on the board of the Winston-Salem Estate Planning Council, where she previously served as secretary. She is also a member of the Women’s Fund of Winston-Salem and serves as a representative for the Carolina Law Club of Winston-Salem. Additionally, Virginia volunteers at Petree Elementary School, where she helps kindergarteners work on their reading skills.
Born and raised in Winston-Salem, Virginia has deep roots in the community. She has loved watching downtown Winston-Salem flourish and continue to evolve over the last 15 years. Virginia also loves travel and is a big fan of the Panthers, UNC athletics, and craft beers.
University of North Carolina (B.S., 2009)
University of North Carolina Law (J.D., 2013); Managing Editor, North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation (2012-2013)
Bar & Court Admittance
2013, North Carolina
2013, United States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
Professional & Community Activities
Forsyth County Bar Association
North Carolina Bar Association (Estate Planning Section, Tax Law Section and Business Law Section)
Carolina Law Alumni Club - Winston-Salem representative
The Women's Fund of Winston-Salem Member
Winston-Salem Estate Planning Council Board Member
The Winston-Salem Foundation Community Philanthropy Builders Committee Member
Volunteer at Petree Elementary
Represented senior care facility owner/operator in multiple acquisition, disposition and financing transactions over the last few years totaling more than $20M in value
Worked with numerous clients to develop estate plans that transfer wealth to the subsequent generation or fulfill the charitable objectives of the client
During the estate planning process, Virginia listened closely to matters that were important to me and was able to incorporate those details into my estate plan. I would recommend this firm and Virginia for estate planning to anyone.